Qualifications for Weight Loss Surgery
We recommend weight loss surgery for adults who have a BMI at 30 or above and are committed to beginning a true weight loss journey. Most of our previous patients have attempted to lose weight through diet and exercise, but have failed.
Unsure of your BMI? Calculate it below.
While most people with a BMI of 30 or over qualify for weight loss surgery, Evolve does offer a non-surgical option to people with BMIs at or above 26.
Compare Evolve’s Weight Loss Procedures
- Lose as much as 70% of excess weight in 1 year(1)
- Short 60-minute, outpatient procedure
- Be back to work within a few days of the procedure
- Lose up to 65% of excess weight in first year(4)
- Lose 2-4 pounds a week following surgery
- 95% of patients report improved cholesterol
- Lose 50% of excess weight over 1-2 years(4)
- One of our least invasive procedures
- 48% of patients have seen diabetes disappear
- Lose up to 12% of total weight in 6 months(2)
- No surgery required for this 30-minute procedure
- Be back to work the day after the procedure
- Tiny incisions and less pain
- Shorter operation time and home the same day
- Back to normal activities and work in days
- Avoid device-related risks of the LAP-BAND®
- Decrease high blood pressure and cholesterol levels
- Reduce sleep apnea and risk of diabetes
How Does Weight Loss Surgery Help?
You are not alone in your struggle to regain control of your weight. In fact, more than one third of the US adult population is clinically obese(3). Over a decade ago, The National Institutes of Health (NIH) reported that individuals with severe obesity are resistant to long-term weight loss through conventional therapies such as diet and exercise. In fact, the NIH recognized weight loss surgery as the only effective treatment to combat obesity and help keep weight off long-term.
Weight loss surgery, also known as bariatric surgery, is an effective tool for long-term weight loss in two ways.
- It helps reduce the amount of food your stomach can hold, which results in a reduction in the desire to eat and in the frequency of eating.
- Weight loss procedures positively affect intestinal hormones reducing hunger and increasing feelings of fullness while eating.
Ready to Talk to an Expert About Weight Loss Surgery?
If reading through this material has inspired you to consider bariatric surgery, it’s time to reach out to one of our experts to verify your insurance. Evolve has a team of insurance specialists trained to work with your insurance provider on your behalf, and we will make sure you are kept up to date on all developments. To verify your insurance, free of charge, simply call our offices at 888.575.4526 or fill out the form on this page.
In addition to free insurance verification, Evolve employs a team of experts to help you move swiftly through the weight loss surgery process. To learn more about our concierge-style service click here.