What is a Hernia?
A hernia occurs when part of an internal organ pushes through weakened muscle or tissue that normally contains it. Typically caused by a combination of muscle weakness and strain, hernias can develop quickly or over a long period of time. While a hernia can occur just about anywhere, the most common hernias are in the inner or outer groin, the belly button, or the stomach. Some hernias are not painful, but some are severely painful and carry the risk of strangulating important blood vessels. Unfortunately, hernias do not go away on their own.
The Two Most Common Types of Hernias
- Inguinal Hernias – these types of hernias occur in the lower abdominal wall near the groin. They are more common in men than women. Most patients complain of an unusual bulge near the groin area.
- Hiatal Hernias – these hernias occur in the upper abdomen when the stomach pushes through the diaphragm into the chest cavity. They are more common in women than men. Most patients with these hernias complain of heartburn or acid reflux.
Common Hernia Symptoms include:
- Abdominal or groin pain
- Bulges or swelling
- Nausea or vomiting
- Heartburn or acid reflux
- Weakness, pressure or a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen
Benefits of minimally invasive hernia surgery with Evolve include:
- Tiny incisions
- Less pain
- Shorter operation time
- Home the same day
- Back to normal activities and work in days
- Return to regular exercise activity in 3–6 weeks
The Cost of the Hernia Repair Surgery
The cost of a Hernia Repair Surgery varies according to your specific insurance plan. Luckily, we have a team of insurance specialists who will help you figure this out the first day you call in. They will work to ensure you get the maximum coverage out of your plan for this procedure.
If you do not have insurance or wish to pay in cash, Evolve offers highly competitive pricing for the Hernia Repair Surgery. While the average cost nationwide for this procedure is $19,000, Evolve offers this procedure for as low as $11,350 in certain cities.
Whatever option you choose, know that Hernia Repair Surgery is a wise investment. Patients will save an average of $11,000 per year after their second-year post-op, as a result of avoiding the expensive medical costs of obesity.
Ready to Talk to an Expert?
If reading through this material has inspired you to consider bariatric surgery, it’s time to reach out to one of our experts to verify your insurance. Evolve has a team of insurance specialists trained to work with your insurance provider on your behalf, and we will make sure you are kept up to date on all developments. To verify your insurance, free of charge, simply call our offices at 469.638.0209 or fill out the form on this page.
In addition to free insurance verification, Evolve employs a team of experts to help you move swiftly through the weight loss surgery process. To learn more about our concierge-style service click here.